This course is the Ultimate Guide to learning PE Checks.
It is designed specifically for buyers and managers who want to learn how to properly handle their PE Checks. “PE” represents “Period End.” They are called PE Checks and represent the Forecast Exceptions in K3S. Forecast Exceptions represent products that did not perform as we expected them to in the last period forecast.
The system will create up to 5 batches (PE1 – PE5) for you to review each time a period ends. The periods are weekly, monthly, or every four weeks.
Batches PE1 through PE5 contain items that did not perform how we expected them to last period. Reviewing batches PE1-PE5 are vital if you want the system to build you valid suggested orders.
- PE1 – items whose demand was much higher than the average last period.
- PE2 – items whose demand was much lower than the average last period.
- PE3 – items whose demand has been above average for the past several periods.
- PE4 – items whose demand has been below average for the past several periods.
- PE5 – items which did not reach the criteria for PE1 – PE4, however, these items fell below their service level target last period.
After you take this course, you will pick up the tools and knowledge to master your PE Checks.
Course Learning Objectives:
- To gain an understanding of how to perform and handle PE Checks 1-5.
- Effectively use the Sales Journal to investigate a product’s sales.
- To gain an understanding of applying seasonal profiles when needed.
- Learn how to use the Calculate Average From to recalculate a product’s average.